Reciprocal Reading

 I love reading groups - I have Guided Reading, Literature Circles and Reciprocal Reading Groups happening in our learning space.

These three strategies work with different needs in my room and each child only engages in one.


My Reciprocal Reading groups needed some attention and bringing into line with how I do my other two reading strategy groups.

So in response to this I have put together some resources to help my kids and help me to keep them on track.
I needed to support them to become independent.

So I have some posters, bookmarks, interactive notebook pages, puzzle pieces and a booklet to record in as they move through their shared book.

Click here to access this pack 







Reciprocal Reading – An Introduction 
46 pages 
 This pack is a must for introducing Reciprocal Reading
There are tasks to help consolidate each role and a recording booklet for the sharing of information. The booklet keeps all the information on the shared text together. 
This pack will help in the analyzing of a text before you introduce Literature Circles. 

 This pack includes ...

Posters for the Leader, Predictor, Clarifier, Summariser (Summarizer also included) and Questioner, they include definitions 




Jigsaws – that contain three sections – the title, a brief definition and a role description 

Interactive Notebook pages – What is it? What do I need to do? What do I need? 

Bookmarks - that show the title, a brief definition and a role description. There is a black and white option for kids to color or you can copy into different colored card 



Booklet – this has space to record your notes for each role. There is also a reminder on each page as a checklist to support the students in their role



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...