Sunday night linky x 2


WOW -TPT has hit 100 000 likes on their Facebook page and to celebrate I am joining up with a whole bunch of sellers for this flash sale. Everything in my store is 20% off and you get an additional 10% off by entering the code FB100K

The sale is for two days starting 13th October (USA time)

Now for my link ups. 
Another Sunday night and I am linking up with two blogs tonight



Here is my game for this week -

The old game called '21' is great for consolidating addition. You can change the total they need to get and start with 10 and then make the total larger as they become more efficient. 

The dealer hands out two cards each. Add them together and you may ask for more cards, if you go beyond 21 you are out!

I have this dislike for the word 'sum' - it does mean the total of two or more collections, but so many teachers use it when they are doing subtraction, division and multiplication. They are equations or operations not sums. We need to teach our kids the correct terminology.

Playing cards are an under utilised resource in our classrooms. 


Now for a Peek at my Week with Mrs Laffin


I have a nice slow week this week - we are planning a Teddy Bear's picnic, we are measuring bears, making hats for them, making a Corduroy Bear, doing some great writing to describe bears, writing invitations and postcards, sequencing heights of bears, drawing bears to scale and comparing bears. 

We gather assessments as an ongoing process at our school - I need to benchmark five more of my kids in reading, look at my portfolios (I have been a bit slack and haven't glued everything in from last term), I am planning on doing a "Writing Vocab" test and some spelling tests for Oxford Words with two groups. 

I want to finish my work on pumpkins and and get that posted - but I don't think that will happen.

I need to clean up a cupboard that I am putting off ......

What I need is a massage and pedicure!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...