Drawings from under the sea

After reading several books about the sea and the creatures that live in it - look what we have started.....I just love these books.
 
We brainstormed the animals we could draw and discussed what they look like, if we were not sure we tracked them down in these books.







I love that my kids have used a variety of drawing implements and ways of making marks.
 
Pastels, coloured pencils and just grey lead. Love the grey lead.
 
From day one of school, when I share a book we look at the detail in the illustrations and look for detail in our own drawings.
This is often a great way to look at detail in faces and start to read faces and emotions better.
Young children are sometimes not socially aware and I found that this helps.
 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...